Supervised by: Shop Manager
Perform tasks involving physical labor needed for the office building and yard. May operate hand and power tools of all types. Maintain the appearance of the perimeter of the building and yard. Required to assist with other laborer related crafts within the organization
Responsibilities of the Position Are:
- Empties trash and all receptacles on premises daily inside the shop designated areas along with all outside premises.
- May lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Steam clean equipment and wash vehicles both inside and out.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, shop supplies, machinery, and tools and distribute them to the appropriate locations and managers.
- Housekeeping of the Shop designated areas including but not limited to, mopping floors, washing windows, all general cleaning necessary to maintain a clean environment.
- Perform landscaping i.e. mow grass, seed, mulch and operate Bobcat
Monday to Friday 7-4 pm or until the daily task required are completed. Saturday’s are expected when required by your manager.
Outdoor field environment; may travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, vibrations, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; work in or around water; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends. This physically strenuous position involves mounting and dismounting a heavy-duty truck numerous times each day. In addition, the position involves lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50 pounds.
Performing general physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Monitoring and reviewing information from the surroundings, to detect or assess problems.